08 October 2009

Retrospect

You know what it was? I was bullying the bully, when, if anything, I wanted to be bullied. I don't like being a bully. I hadn't intended to be a bully, it just kind of came out that way. And I think he had gotten to this comfortable place wherein being the bully is what he does, and when he encountered someone who could maybe bully back...that's disconcerting.

I know I'm thinking about this way too much. And I know that he doesn't expect an apology from me - it was moment-to-moment classroom work and in general, it was a great exercise. He probably went home thinking about it a lot, too - he's that kind of person. But I feel bad about it. I don't like being a bully. If I find myself in that situation again, I need to let my partner know that I don't like being a bully. See if they can see it, and then see where the exercise goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment